HVAC Service & Plumbers in Beaufort SC
AC Repair Service & Plumbers near Beaufort, SC
R.S. Andrews is proud to provide the Beaufort, SC area with effective HVAC & plumbing services. Our team takes your satisfaction seriously, which is why we go above and beyond to make your service experience as pleasant as possible. We even offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee! We’re the home services company that’s known for providing 5-Star services and delivering smiles, but you don’t have to take our word for it! See why our customers love our work by reading our Beaufort, SC HVAC Service & plumbing reviews below.
HVAC & Plumbing Service FAQs
Here are some clues that your water heater may be on the verge of a breakdown:
- Unusual Noises - Any device in your home that’s suddenly making a noise it doesn’t normally make is probably having a major issue - your water heater is no different.
- Dirty Water - Is the water coming out of your faucets discolored or dirty? There may be an issue in the heater that is causing dirt or other materials to leach into your water.
- Hot Water Loss - Do you only get a good couple of minutes of warm water in the shower before it turns into an ice bath? It could be your water heater isn’t keeping up with its demand, a sure sign something is wrong.
- Leaks - If you find water leaking around your water heater, that’s a problem that needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
If you notice any of these, or other strange behaviors or performance issues from your water heater, consult a plumber.
Your home air conditioner in Beaufort, SC may not be working properly because:
- Your air filters are clogged
- Your evaporator coil is dirty or frozen
- Your air conditioner has a refrigerant leak
Another reason your air conditioner may not be working properly could be because your thermostat is set to ON instead of AUTO. If you change your air filters and set your thermostat correctly and your AC unit is still not working, you should have an HVAC technician repair it. Contact us today to get your air conditioner repaired.
Some of the benefits of an HVAC system tune-up in Beaufort, SC are:
- Your HVAC system will run more efficiently
- Your energy bills will be lower
- Any issues with your HVAC system will be caught
There are many reasons why you might find your AC unit not getting the power it needs:
- Bad Power Supply - Check to make sure there isn’t any damage to your AC’s power supply. Depending on the damage, it may need to be fixed by an HVAC tech or by an electrician.
- Circuit Breaker - A simple reset of the breaker might be enough to get you going again. However, if you discover the breaker tripping over and over again, you’ll need a professional electrician to take a look.
- Failing Capacitor - The capacitor provides the initial voltage needed to get the AC’s motor going, then provides steady power to it once it’s up to speed. If this is malfunctioning or damaged, your AC won’t have the power to start.
These are just a few of the things that could be causing your problem, so it’s a good idea to have a professional HVAC technician take a look at your system to make sure it’s running right.
This is a huge question with a large number of specific answers, but to break it down into something a little more simple, here are the most common reasons:
- Dirty Air Filters - Much like you, your AC needs clear airways to breath well. Think of your air filter as your home’s nose - if it’s clogged with dirt and dust, your AC can’t get the air it needs to function. Make sure you’re regularly changing your filters to avoid this issue.
- Full Drain Pan - Most AC units have a pan that catches condensed fluid and allows it to drain away. But if that drain becomes clogged, the water will continue to fill the pan until it hits a special switch that cuts the AC off when the water gets too high. Sometimes this is a blockage you can fix yourself, but call in a professional if you can’t get to it.
- Mechanical Issue - Air conditioners are complex pieces of equipment with lots of parts working together to bring you cool, comfortable air every day. A failure in any one of those components can shut things down.
Your air conditioner has one job - to provide cool air. If it’s running but not doing that, there are several things that could be wrong:
- Thermostat - Make sure it’s set correctly. Sometimes people switch over to heating at night and forget to switch back in the morning.
- Air Filter - A dirty air filter is one of the most common culprits for an AC not working correctly. Make sure to change them regularly for peak performance.
- Blocked Unit - Your outdoor units are susceptible to blockage from dirt, grass and other yard debris. Make sure it stays as clear as possible.
- Refrigerant Leak - If your unit is bleeding Freon, it won’t be able to keep up with your cooling needs.
If you’ve checked all of these (we understand it can be tough to check the refrigerant) and you’re still having issues, give us a call at (843) 706-5090 so one of our skilled technicians can investigate.
You should only let a professional dig into your air conditioner’s components to do a true test of the Freon levels. However, there are quite a few things you can look for that will tell you if your Freon is low:
- Sound Test - Is your AC making a hissing sound? This can indicate a leak of refrigerant which will lead to low levels.
- Soap Test - Mix some soap and water, and put it on any line where you suspect a leak. If it starts to bubble up, you’ve got a leak.
- Ice Test - Low Freon levels will lead to some of your AC’s components freezing up, so if you see ice forming on your unit, you likely need Freon.
This all depends on your situation. There are a number of factors that can determine which option is better for you. These are some things to consider:
- The age of your heater - A regular water heater should last about 10 years, and a tankless heater should last about 20. If yours is getting close to either of these numbers, replacement is probably the better option.
- Rising utility bills - Have you noticed your power bill creeping up? As a water heater ages, its efficiency goes down, which costs more power. You might be better off getting a new, energy-efficient model.
- Multiple repairs - Are you and your local plumber getting to be on a first-name basis? Frequent repairs suggests you’d be better off moving on to a new unit.
A good rule of thumb is the “50% rule.” If the cost of a repair is going to cost 50% or more of the cost of a replacement, go ahead and invest in the replacement - it’ll likely be better for you in the long run.
Your Local HVAC & Plumbing Company
R.S. Andrews is ready to provide you with the services you need to keep your business or home comfortable.
- Water Filtration
- Sewer Services
- Water Line Installation & Repair
Air Conditioning Services
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Replacement
- Heating Repair
- Heating Maintenance
- Heating Replacement
Trust Your Comfort Needs To R.S. Andrews!
Call our friendly staff at 843-706-5090 today so we can start on your comfort solutions as soon as possible! Our team is comprised of qualified, friendly, dependable technicians who make it their goal to bring you great services in a timely manner! Choose the company with a Customer-first approach, choose R.S. Andrews.
for Beaufort, SC
Our Reviews by City
Minsker - Beaufort, SC 29902
Fast and thorough.
DK - Beaufort, SC 29906
I can not harp how amazing the service that was provided from the technician. John went above and beyond what I was expecting and made me feel so much more at ease with having to replace my HVAC system. He took his time explaining everything in detail and without making me feel like a burden, answered any and all questions I had. He was very knowledgeable as well. I would never want another person other than John to service my equipment. I know I will always be taken care of.
Amazing service and attitude!
Dykeman - Beaufort, SC 29907
John was early and listened to our needs. He was courteous and careful of our carpet and home.
Nancy - Beaufort, SC 29907
Professional. Thorough. Prompt. Courteous.
Holly - Beaufort, SC 29906
He was very thorough and polite
came out on Sunday afternoon..very neat and efficient ..would recommend RS Andrews to anyone
Marian - Beaufort, SC 29907
Fast Service, Great Technicians
Tammy - Beaufort, SC 29906
They actually were a day earlier than quoted. Had us back up and running despite the high temperatures they had to work in. Polite and professional all the way. I look forward to years of service with RS Andrews.
Tune on system
In stalled new compressor under warranty
Installed 2 stage system
Maintenance on system
Tune up to maintenance customer
4 split system duct cleaning and sanitizer.
Maintenance on 2 systems.
Maintenance done on have
Working after hours on 2 hvac systems. Warranty on both
Change out ac