We Make Getting A New HVAC System Easy
With regular maintenance and the occasional repair, your heating and cooling system will last you a good 10-15 years or more! But there will come a day when the system’s life can no longer be extended for another summer or winter. A new HVAC installation will be needed. There’s no need to worry. R.S. Andrews makes the process an easy one for you.
Call R.S. Andrews at 843-706-5090 or contact us online to have our trained professionals replace your HVAC system quickly.
Signs You May Need HVAC Replacement
Here are some signs to look out for when your system starts to age:
- Higher Gas & Electric Bills: As your system ages, it naturally loses efficiency over time. That ends up increasing your gas and electric bills significantly year after year.
- Sounds & Smells: Systems that emit terrible odors or make loud noises could be telling you that the time has come to replace.
- Multiple Repairs: If you’ve had your heating and/or cooling system repaired more than twice in the last few years, it may be a sign that your HVAC has come to the end of its life.
- Comfort Is Declining: When your system starts becoming less effective at heating in the winter or cooling in the summer, it may be time to consider an HVAC replacement.
Should I Repair or Replace My Home Heating System?
At R.S. Andrews, we have the knowledge and the skilled experts to tell you if you’ll need to have your furnace replaced, or just repaired. If you do need a new furnace or heat pump installed, we’ll have your new system up and running within a few hours.
We also have heating system replacement financing options to make the whole process as easy as possible.
Have you experienced any of the following with your heating system?
- Your utility bills are higher than they should be.
- Strange or loud noises emit from your heater.
- Your home no longer gets warm enough when it’s cold.
- The system required more than two repairs in as many years.
Broken heaters, furnaces and heat pumps can usually be repaired, but when your heater is at the end of its useful life (usually around 10-12 years), a new one should be installed. After a while, it becomes more expensive to continue to repair it rather than replace the system altogether.
Installation and Replacement FAQs
You can replace your HVAC system yourself. Although, you will need the following:
- A permit to install the new HVAC
- Knowledge about HVAC systems
- An EPA certification to recharge the refrigerant
Additionally, you will need to be prepared to schedule many hours for the installation and enlist help for the removal of the old unit and the installation of the new unit. Sometimes it is more cost effective to have an HVAC technician perform the installation for you due to the time and money required to receive the proper permits and certifications. To get your HVAC system replaced, give us a call today.
Residential HVAC systems typically last around 10-15 years. Although, the lifespan of your HVAC system depends on:
- How often your HVAC is maintenanced
- How extreme your heating and cooling seasons are
- The type of HVAC system you have
Having your HVAC system regularly maintenanced is one of the best ways to get the most out of your HVAC unit. Regular maintenance not only allows your HVAC system to run more efficiently, it also helps it last its full life expectancy. To get your HVAC system replaced or on a maintenance plan, call us today.
It costs around $5,000-$10,000 to replace an HVAC system. However, some things that can affect the overall price are:
- The size of your home
- The type of HVAC system you want installed
- The cost to remove your old HVAC unit and install the new one
Getting your HVAC system replaced can be costly, but very worthwhile. A newer HVAC system not only heats and cools your home more efficiently, it also costs less on energy and repairs. To get your HVAC system replaced, contact us today.
A few reasons you may want to have your ductwork replaced when you have your HVAC unit replaced are:
- Your air ducts are over 10 years old
- Your air ducts have mold or mildew
- Your air ducts are damaged
Having your HVAC system replaced is a great way to cut down on energy bills, but can be futile if you have leaky ducts that decrease the efficiency of your HVAC system. An HVAC contractor will be able to evaluate your existing ductwork to let you know if replacing your ductwork will be necessary. To get your ductwork replaced, call us today.
Every home is different, and with the range of AC units available it’s easy to end up with one that’s not powerful enough to keep your home cool or one that’s too powerful and runs up your energy bill unnecessarily. The most detailed way to figure out the size unit that you need is to have a Manual J calculation done for your home. Many utility companies can provide a free energy audit that will include this Manual J calculation, which takes into account many factors:
- Your total square footage.
- Your climate zone (based on where you live).
- How much natural shade or sunlight you have.
- The quality of your installation.
- The number of people living in your home.
- The type of windows you have.
If you aren’t concerned with going into that level of detail, there are a number of online calculators that can take your home’s square footage and climate zone into account to give you a ballpark size you’ll need.
Absolutely. There are a number of ways you can look at to finance your air conditioning installation, depending on your individual circumstances, such as:
- A home equity loan.
- Using a credit card.
- Applying for a personal loan.
- Directly through your contractor.
For many, personal loans may be the best option as they have lower interest rates than credit cards and aren’t as complex to get as a home equity loan. But for the most convenience, go straight through your contractor. Either in-house or in partnership with a loan servicer, they often have excellent promotional specials that can save you money in the long run. At R.S. Andrews, we offer our own range of financing options to help with your new installation’s affordability.
On average, most well-maintained furnaces will last somewhere between 15 and 20 years. Here are some factors that will affect how long your furnace will last:
- The type of fuel - In general, oil-fueled furnaces tend to last the longest.
- Proper size - If your furnace is too large for your home, it’s going to turn on and off a lot more, which puts extra wear and tear on its components. Likewise, if it’s too small, it might have to run nearly all the time, shortening its lifespan.
- Poor ductwork - If your ductwork isn’t installed correctly, is the wrong size or has too many leaks, this will impact the workload of your furnace which has a direct impact on how long it lasts.
- Wrong thermostat settings - You shouldn’t overwork your HVAC system with inappropriate temperature settings. A temperature set between 60°F-80°F is ideal.
The most important factor, however, is if the furnace has been properly maintained. It’s vital to take care of your system to ensure it lasts its full lifetime, and maybe even beyond.
AC Replacement: The Best Option
There comes a time when air conditioning replacement becomes the best option. At R.S. Andrews, we have an expert staff that can tell you whether an AC installation is right for you. If it’s time for a new cooling system, we have the AC financing options to get the process started.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Are you getting your air conditioning system repaired way too often, year after year?
- Has your technician told you it’s too costly to repair your system one more time?
- Did you have your system installed more than 10 years ago?
- Have your energy bills gone up year after year due to your system's inefficiency?
- Is your system not cooling as well as it used to?
If you find yourself answering "yes" to some of the above questions, it’s probably time to consider a new air conditioning system installation.
HVAC Installation You Can Count On
At R.S. Andrews, we have skilled experts who can help determine if your heating or cooling system needs replacement or if just a few repairs will last you. We always work with your satisfaction in mind. If you need a new HVAC system near Bluffton SC, R.S. Andrews makes the process easier.
Why Choose R.S. Andrews?
When you decide that HVAC replacement is the right move, you can rely on the experts at R.S. Andrews because our technicians:
- Walk you through every part of the replacement process
- Have all licenses & certifications
- Arrive on time and do the work right the first time
- Have all applicable licenses and certifications
- Are active in YOUR community
R.S. Andrews is where Story After Story, We Deliver Smiles!