Expert Water Heater Repair & Replacement Service near Bluffton
Water heaters are vital to your home’s comfort. Having them break down is frustrating! Between having to deal with cold showers and no hot water to wash dishes, it can be difficult to function. The Lowcountry and Coastal Empire plumbers at R.S. Andrews can help you determine if your tankless water heater or gas or electric water heater needs an easy repair, a complete replacement or a simple tune-up.
Call R.S. Andrews at 843-706-5090 or request service now to have a trained professional to help solve your water heater problems.
Water Heater Service FAQs
Traditional tank water heaters tend to last about 8 - 12 years, while tankless water heaters last about 20 - 25 years on average. The best way to extend your water heater’s service life is with regular maintenance to keep it clean and operating at peak efficiency. If your home has hard water, it’s also a good idea to use a water filtration system to reduce scale buildup within your water heater, as scale buildup can reduce its working life.
If your water heater isn’t working, you might need to replace it, or you might be able to repair it and get a few more years of service out of it. Things to consider when choosing whether to repair or replace your water heater include:
- Age. If your tank water heater is more than seven years old, or if your tankless water heater is more than 15 years old, it’s near the end of its service life and replacing it may be the better option.
- Cost. Generally speaking, repair is always less expensive than replacement, but if the cost to repair your water heater is greater than half the cost of replacement, it may be cheaper, in the long run, to go ahead and replace it now.
- Condition. Is this the first time your water heater has broken down, or are plumber calls a recurring problem in your house? If your water heater breaks down frequently, you may find a full replacement to be a better investment than another repair.v
When your water heater is going bad it will give you some warning signs. Aside from the obvious — a lack of hot water — you’ll know your water heater is having problems if your hot water has a rusty or brownish color while your cold water is clear or if your water heater is making banging or rumbling noises. Another sign of impending doom for your water heater is water on or around the unit. If you’re noticing these issues with your water heater, call in a professional to replace it before the problem worsens!
Odd Signs of a Water Heater Problem
When your water heater needs attention, lack of hot water isn’t the only sign you’ll notice.
Other, less obvious signs may include:
- Rusty or discolored water from faucets
- Noises coming from your water heater
- Leaking pipes or flooding around your unit
Leaving these problems alone can contaminate your water and cause water damage to other areas of your home. Therefore, it’s important to resolve these problems quickly. That’s where R.S. Andrews will help.
Expert Water Heater Solutions
At R.S. Andrews, we offer a variety of different water heater services including water heater repair, replacement and maintenance for electric, gas or tankless water heaters. For all of these services, we always work with your satisfaction as our end goal. Nothing is more important to us than making sure you are happy, safe and satisfied with our work.
Why Choose R.S. Andrews?
- Committed to providing the best service
- All active in the community
- Licensed and certified
- Timely and dependable
R.S. Andrews is where Story After Story, We Deliver Smiles!