10 Items Checked on your Plumbing Inspection
Does My Home Need A Plumbing Inspection?
Any homeowner can tell you that with home ownership comes a whole host of responsibilities! From minor things like changing your air filters to major jobs like putting on a new roof, owning a home is incredibly rewarding as well as a lot of work, especially when something goes wrong!
In many cases, like with your heating and air system, regular maintenance services on your home can help ward off problems before they happen as well as help detect minor issues before they become major problems. Did you know that a plumbing inspection can help detect potential problems in your plumbing system too?
Help avoid plumbing repair calls for leaks, backed-up drains and water damage with the help of RS Andrews!
Benefits of a Plumbing Inspection
As with other parts of your home that benefit from regular maintenance and inspections, your plumbing system should also be checked periodically. As plumbing problems can lead to large, costly repairs, plumbing inspections can help prevent huge hassles and headaches with your pipes.
In addition, plumbing systems are made to be kept out of sight, with almost every element except faucets, shower heads & drains kept hidden from view. While it’s nice not to see pipes everywhere, it can make detecting issues much harder. That’s why regular inspections are so important. They can help detect issues that exist behind the scenes.
What Can I Expect?
A plumbing inspection is a full check & analysis of your entire plumbing network. It will typically consist of the following actions:
- An inspection of your bathroom & kitchen fixtures, supply lines and drains for leaks, clogs or problems.
- Any water filtration systems will be examined to make sure it is accurately filtering your home’s water.
- A thorough look at all above-ground plumbing features, such as traps underneath sinks and shut-off valves.
- Check all toilets, showers, bathtubs and sinks for any leaks or issues.
- An examination of your water heater for accurate heating, leaks and performance.
- A check of underground sanitary drains and sewer pipes for any cracks or clogs.
- If applicable, an inspection of your sump pump and discharge.
- Check the main shut-off valve to make sure it is working properly.
- A look at the main sewer line and cleanout for any issues.
- Check of any outdoor plumbing features like faucets and outdoor sinks.
Check It Off Your List!
Are you ready to get your home’s plumbing inspected? Contact the expert plumbers at RS Andrews today, either with our convenient online form or by calling one of our phone numbers at 912-450-0460 or 843-706-5090. In our over 50 years in the business, our plumbing inspection service is thorough and complete. We promise you’ll be satisfied with our work and our customer service.
Connect with the friendly team at RS Andrews today for expert work on your plumbing system as well as service that delivers a smile!